KYOCERA is known as the leading manufacturer of cermets. Cermet is composed of the words Ceramic and Metal. Typical materials used in cermets are TiC, TiN, TiCN and NbC. Designed to provide long tool life and excellent surface finishes, cermets combine toughness with superior wear resistance.
PVD Coated Cermet is coated on cermet substrate with a thin layer of high wear resistance and high adhesion resistance by PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) technology. Generally because of the low processing temperature of PVD compared with CVD, PVD Coated Cermet features less deterioration and more bending strength.
- Cermet : TN6010 (Super Micro-Grain), TN60, TN6010 (Super Micro-Grain), TN100M, TC40
- PVD : PV7010 (Super Micro-Grain), PV7020 (Super Micro-Grain), PV7025 (Super Micro-Grain), PV7005
CVD Coated Carbide
KYOCERA’s CVD coated carbide grades are based on ceramic thin film technology and provide stable, efficient cutting at high speeds or heavy interrupted applications.
- Applicable from low to high speed cutting and from finishing to roughing
- Stable cutting is achieved due to the superior toughness and crack resistance
- Cutting times are reduced due to good chip control from effective chipbreakers
CA5505, CA5515, CA5525, CA5535, CR9025, CA6515, CA6525, CA4010, CA4115, CA4120, CA4505, CA4515
PVD Coated Carbide (for turning)
KYOCERA’s PVD coated carbide grades are based on ceramic thin film coating and precise edging technologies and are good for precision turning, grooving, threading and cut-off. Very tough carbide substrate and innovative coating technology promotes excellent wear resistance and strong coating adhesion for long tool life and stable cutting.
- Good for low to high speeds and finishing to heavy roughing cutting
- Stable cutting with excellent toughness
- Smooth fine surface of PVD coated carbide provides good surface finish and high precision cutting
PR915, PR930, PR1005, PR1025, PR1115, PR1125. PR1225, PR905, PR1305, PR1310, PR1325
PVD Coated Carbide For Milling and Drilling
KYOCERA’s PVD coated carbide for milling and drilling is coated on a very tough carbide substrate. The low processing temperature, compared with CVD, leads to improved bending strength, less deterioration of the coating and superior long tool life as well as stable machining.
PR630, PR730, PR830, PR1230, PR660, PR1025, PR1225, PR905, PR1210
Due to its superior mechanical properties carbide is used in a variety of applications. KYOCERA produces a variety of carbides, including KW10 for non-ferrous materials and micro-grain carbides for precision cutting.
- Tough and hard
- Good thermal conductivity
Suitable for cutting non-ferrous metals and non-metals
- Stable cutting at low cutting speeds, including milling operations
PW30, KW10, GW15, GW25, SW05
Ceramic inserts are capable of running at high speeds, thus reducing expensive machining time. Hard turning of 38HRC to 64HRC hardened steel, or rough to finished turning of cast iron are recommended applications for ceramic inserts. KYOCERA’s ceramic grades are designed to resist oxidation and maintain hardness at high temperatures.
- Excellent wear resistance enables high cutting speeds
- Ceramic maintains good surface finishes due to the low affinity to workpiece materials
- Silicon nitride ceramic has improved thermal shock resistance allowing cast iron cutting using coolants
KA30, KS6000, KS6050, CS7050, A65, A66N (TiN Coat), PT600M (MEGACOAT)
Cell Fiber is a composite material consisting of a fiber core (gray portion) and shell (white portion).
- Cell Fibers combine a hard, wear-resistant core and a tough shell into one insert.
- The tough shell stops cracks that form in the core.
- The characteristics of Cell Fiber are a result of the
combination of materials and structures.
KBN35M (MEGACOAT), CF1
KYOCERA diamond material is a synthetic diamond sintered under high temperatures and pressures. PCD (Polycrystalline diamond) is ideal for non-ferrous metals and non-metals.
- Applicable for non-ferrous metals, non-metals turning, milling and other various type of cutting.
Long tool life due to extreme hardness
Capable of high cutting speeds which increases cutting productivity
- Reduced edge build-up allows for high precision cutting
- Diversified applications for cutting of non-ferrous materials and non-metals
- Finished surface will be rainbow colored. (a mirror-like finished surface will not be obtained when single crystal diamond is used.)
KPD001, KPD010, KPD230
KYOCERA CBN is second only to diamond in hardness. CBN (Cubic Boron Nitride) is a synthetically produced material with high thermal conductivity which provides stable cutting.
- Superior wear resistance when cutting hardened materials
- Suitable for high speed cutting of cast iron and sintered steel
- High thermal conductivity provides stable cutting
KBN510, KBN525, KBN05M (MEGACOAT), KBN10M (MEGACOAT), KBN25M (MEGACOAT), KBN30M (MEGACOAT), KBN65B, KBN65M (MEGACOAT), KBN70M (MEGACOAT), KBN60M (MEGACOAT), KBN900 (TiN COAT)